Thanks to Sen. Enrico Buemi
In collaboration with
Friday 12 May 2017, 3pm
Defence Committee Room
Senate of the Republic
Via degli Staderari, 2
INFORMATION AND PUBLIC DEBATE IN 21st CENTURY CONSOLIDATED DEMOCRACIES.
LESSONS FROM ITALY: WHAT ISSUES AND WHICH REFORMS?
First session (3pm – 5pm)
International principles, standards and issues
Giulio Terzi di Sant’Agata Ambassador, former Minister for Foreign Affairs, President of the Global Committee for the Rule of Law “Marco Pannella”
Herdis Kjerulf Thorgeirsdottir Vice-President of the Venice Commission
Matthijs Berman Main adviser to the OSCE Representative for Freedom of the Media
Saskia Ruth Democracy Barometer Project, University of Zurich
André Gattolin Senator for Hautes-de-Seine, France
Session moderated by Laura Harth UN Representative for the Nonviolent Radical Party
Second session (5pm – 7pm)
The Italian case
Marco Beltrandi Presidency of the Nonviolent Radical Party, former MP
Gianni Betto former Director of the Audit Centre
Andrea Saccucci Lawyer
Francesco Posteraro Commissioner AGCOM
Stefano Polli ANSA deputy director
Giuseppe Giulietti FSNI President
Session moderated by Matteo Angioli Secretary of the Global Committee for the Rule of Law “Marco Pannella”
- Please register by sending your name and surname at: firstname.lastname@example.org Step 1PreviousNext
- The opinions and content expressed as part of the initiative are the sole responsibility of the proposers and speakers, and are not related in any way to the Senate of the Republic or any other of its organs
- Access to the room with appropriate clothing – for men, suit and tie are required – is permitted until maximum capacity.
- Media accreditations via fax at: 06.6706.2947
- Working languages: Italian and English.
Read the Concept Note of the conference.
Download the Compilation of the Venice Commission of 19 September 2016 on Freedom of Expression and Media.